Namu Amida Butsu

This work is especially dedicated to Zuiken Saizo Inagaki, who sheds light on the pristine and original teachings of Jodo Shinshu (Shin Buddhism) for many people, including myself. I regard him as my soul teacher and I am very much influenced by his words and thoughts, which are deeply imbued with the Wisdom of Compassion of Amida Buddha. I read most of his writings available in Chinese language and I wish to share some of his golden words in this blog in English. Rev. George Gatenby and Mr. Gabriel Schlaefer have been kindly and untiringly assisting me to edit the translated essays so that they are readable and true to the intent of Sensei. May all partake of the wisdom of Shinshu teaching and be overpowered by the light of Amida Buddha.

Namu Amida Butsu!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Seeking shinjin within while turning your back on Amida Buddha

Seeking shinjin within while turning your back on Amida Buddha, and not beholding the Buddha; such shinjin is not acceptable! 

Speaking of shinjin, just seeking it within is not acceptable! 

Speaking of shinjin, it concerns us accepting it humbly; and speaking of accepting it, you seek it within, keep looking inwardly: Do I have shinjin? Have I not accepted it? To investigate like that is the proof of your not having accepted shinjin.

Zuiken 
(an extract from Talk on Hymns of the Pure Land Masters)

No comments:

Post a Comment