Namu Amida Butsu

This work is especially dedicated to Zuiken Saizo Inagaki, who sheds light on the pristine and original teachings of Jodo Shinshu (Shin Buddhism) for many people, including myself. I regard him as my soul teacher and I am very much influenced by his words and thoughts, which are deeply imbued with the Wisdom of Compassion of Amida Buddha. I read most of his writings available in Chinese language and I wish to share some of his golden words in this blog in English. Rev. George Gatenby and Mr. Gabriel Schlaefer have been kindly and untiringly assisting me to edit the translated essays so that they are readable and true to the intent of Sensei. May all partake of the wisdom of Shinshu teaching and be overpowered by the light of Amida Buddha.

Namu Amida Butsu!

Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Disease of Wanting to Acquire Birth/Shinjin

What mind is this? It is full of afflictions and how then can I acquire birth in the Pure Land?

Do not listen (pay attention) to the Buddha Dharma but keep thinking of acquiring birth quickly, don't you suffer from "the disease of wanting to acquire birth?" Or else, you must be infected with the "disease of wanting to acquire shinjin." Please be prepared to fail. Please try to fall to a stage where you cannot fall anymore. 

'When its energy is spent,
the frog is fished out,
croaking aloud!'

No comments:

Post a Comment