Namu Amida Butsu

This work is especially dedicated to Zuiken Saizo Inagaki, who sheds light on the pristine and original teachings of Jodo Shinshu (Shin Buddhism) for many people, including myself. I regard him as my soul teacher and I am very much influenced by his words and thoughts, which are deeply imbued with the Wisdom of Compassion of Amida Buddha. I read most of his writings available in Chinese language and I wish to share some of his golden words in this blog in English. Rev. George Gatenby and Mr. Gabriel Schlaefer have been kindly and untiringly assisting me to edit the translated essays so that they are readable and true to the intent of Sensei. May all partake of the wisdom of Shinshu teaching and be overpowered by the light of Amida Buddha.

Namu Amida Butsu!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Prologue 2

Bombu are not worth comparing with even the wood used for boiling water, they are not worth anything. The Tathagata is the compassionate parent who proclaims that ‘I am’ his only child. Just right here you can find the key to shinjin and birth.

‘I’ll never let you fall into the depraved abode, I’ll definitely save you!’

Only the Oyasama (compassionate parent) will take care of us so much.

‘True mind penetrates deeply into one’s self.’ This means that one has come to ‘understand the Oyasama’.  ‘The diamond-like shinjin’ is the moment that you understand the mind of the Oyasama. Had you not become one of the parents how could you genuinely feel the heart of the Oyasama. Hence, it is through the words of Shinran Shonin that we come to understand the Oyasama and His mind. Without the personality of Shonin and his Dharma words, how could we know, let alone entrust in faith to the Tathagata’s words and His Primal Vow. The person who witnessed the way it is with us, why then would you harbour doubts? And why would you still remain sitting on the fence? 

Zuiken Sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment