- Hit the wall, hit the wall! Hit the wall completely.
- Fall, fall! Fall completely.
- Look up, look up! Forget about yourself and look up completely.
- The Buddha's mind, the Buddha's power, the Primal Vow-power — rely on the Primal Vow-power for birth.
- Thus, kimyo (taking refuge) is the command of the Primal Vow calling to and summoning us.
- Shinjin is the command!
- Don't worry, don't worry! The honorable Parent of great compassion is waiting [for you].
Namu Amida Butsu
This work is especially dedicated to Zuiken Saizo Inagaki, who sheds light on the pristine and original teachings of Jodo Shinshu (Shin Buddhism) for many people, including myself. I regard him as my soul teacher and I am very much influenced by his words and thoughts, which are deeply imbued with the Wisdom of Compassion of Amida Buddha. I read most of his writings available in Chinese language and I wish to share some of his golden words in this blog in English. Rev. George Gatenby and Mr. Gabriel Schlaefer have been kindly and untiringly assisting me to edit the translated essays so that they are readable and true to the intent of Sensei. May all partake of the wisdom of Shinshu teaching and be overpowered by the light of Amida Buddha.
Namu Amida Butsu!